Study Music Abroad in English
In Israel at Rimon School of Music
Rimon is about passion for music.
For over 30 years, Rimon has led the way as Israel’s primary music school preparing students for professional careers in the global contemporary music industry.
Dedicated to cultivating the next generation of talented young musicians, Rimon has rightfully secured its spot as a focal point for creativity in Israel. Our goal is to continue and advance as a fertile hub of inspiration, encouraging our students to explore, learn and innovate, while finding their unique and original musical voice.
The school’s forward-thinking curriculum and dedicated faculty encapsulate the vibrant entrepreneurial culture of today’s Israel. We strive to maintain a fun and dynamic college campus while emphasizing musicianship, collaboration and values of social betterment.
As we look forward into the 21st century, we remain highly committed to continue and provide our students with a relevant, high-quality and meaningful music education, preparing them for a successful and rewarding future in music.
We invite you to join us – looking forward to seeing you here at Rimon!
Our Program for Gap year and International students:
Our program offers a comprehensive Study Abroad program and a unique opportunity to study music professionally in English all while discovering today’s dynamic Israel, it settings, culture and history.
The academic program includes:
- Music fundamentals courses taught in English: arranging, ear training, harmony, and music technology.
- Private instrumental instruction, instrumental lab work and ensemble participation- all taught in English
- A wide variety of elective music courses in performance, improvisation, composition, songwriting; music technology, sound, mix and synthesis (Based on the students’ musical abilities and areas of interest).
- Extensive Hebrew studies
- An introduction to Israeli music, culture and the musical traditions of the eastern Mediterranean region.
In addition to its dynamic curriculum, Rimon offers students “hands-on” participation in a wide variety of school-led musical projects and professional productions. These meaningful opportunities will allow you to collaborate with Israeli and other international students and gain valuable professional music experience.
The program includes full access to the school’s rehearsal rooms, computer labs, recording studios, learning facilities and other performance spaces throughout the school year.
For information about our other programs:
Experience life in Israel:
Our program is more than just a typical study abroad program, it is a life changing experience designed to enhance your music studies and deepen your connection with Israel. Participants are encouraged to see beyond the classrooms walls and join in the daily life and culture of Israel.
The year in Israel includes a wide variety of extracurricular activities, trips and excursions, allowing participants to learn more about this unique region, its fascinating history and landscape.
Extracurricular activities include:
- Day trips exploring Israel’s rich culture, history and landscape.
- Learning about today’s Israeli society, from music art and culture to the
- thriving technology scene.
- Various social events and the opportunity to celebrate Jewish holidays with Israeli families.
- Workshops relating to relevant issues affecting Israeli society.
The year of study at Rimon offers the opportunity to acquire a global perspective and gain a taste of independent living all while fulfilling a cultural and musical Israeli experience.
Your social calendar will be filled with social events, parties and cultural engagements. Rimon’s campus offers a creative and fun environment for young musicians to play and create together with the international language of music.
The program includes workbooks , textbooks, counseling, and advising services for English speakers comprehensive medical insurance.
Rimon offers off-campus housing in close vicinity to the school.